- Rewarding those who have worked hard by continuing to increase the State Pension through the triple lock
- Rewarding saving by introducing a new single-tier pension
- Giving people the freedom to invest and spend their pension however they like – and let them pass it on to loved ones tax-free
- Giving everyone the help they deserve in later life by protecting pensioner benefits including the free bus pass, TV licence and winter fuel payment
- Ensuring Britain has a strong economy, so we can protect the NHS and make sure no-one is forced to sell their home to pay for care.
- Extending new pension freedoms to the 5 million pensioners who already have an annuity – meaning pensioners will be able to sell their annuity income in return for a lump sum.
The commitments that the Prime Minister has made to those in retirement are crucial and have been widely welcomed in Wiltshire. Other parties have different views, but I am pleased that those who have worked hard and paid into the system all their lives are being supported in their retirement by David Cameron’s commitments.
Do you have any views on this, or any other, manifesto commitment? Let me know on email@example.com