Thanks to our plan, and the hard work of police officers, recorded crime is down by 16% under the Conservative led government (since June 2010).
The Conservative party’s action plan to combat crime is working by:
1. Freeing the police to fight crime by cutting red tape and scrapping unnecessary targets
2. Giving criminals tougher sentences so communities are protected and justice is done
3. Giving the police the powers they need to tackle criminals, using the latest tools and techniques
4. Stopping people from becoming criminals by tackling the root causes of crime
5. Making the police answer to the community to help drive down crime in your area
In Wiltshire anti-social behaviour is an area that needs tackling and this is a key part of my local plan.
• I will help to introduce more neighbourhood watch groups
• Introduce a wider ‘Pub Watch’ scheme in our towns
• Help ensure families are safer and more secure – and communities can enjoy a better, brighter future
• Work with the local council and business community to create more recreational activities for our young
• Work with the police and educators to tackle the causes of crime and thus work to prevent it